With the second lockdown well underway, we would like to help out our customers and other boat owners in this difficult time. Now the nights are drawing in, the temperature is dropping and winter weather is upon us it's not a great time to leave your pride and joy without any love!
Please be aware that DEFRA has updated guidance as regards working on boats – unfortunately, the Government doesn't agree that working on and maintaining your boat is a leisure activity. "..current DEFRA guidance does not allow the boat owner to visit their vessel to conduct maintenance themselves"
Whilst we understand that working and fettling your boat is part of the joy of ownership, sadly it's not currently allowed under the lockdown rules.
We are pleased to say that we will be continuing to work throughout the lockdown period and can carry out various essential maintenance jobs for you, including:
- Supplying genuine parts for your Greenline, Bavaria or other brands of yacht.
Click & Collect available from Swanwick.
- Regular checks to ensure that she is secure on your berth, the electricity is on and any tube heaters, battery chargers etc are doing their job
- Winterise the engine(s) and water systems to eliminate frost damage when it gets cold
- Annual winter maintenance (antifouling, anodes, polishing, engine servicing)
- Bi-weekly or monthly washdowns
- Lift out and put to bed for winter
We have secured preferential lifting rates at our marina bases (Swanwick, Port Solent, Gosport and Poole) to give you the best possible value for money.
We will even collect her from your berth (within The Solent and Poole Harbour areas) and bring her to our marina base for work.